Saturday, October 14, 2017

Blog Post 5

 What are some of the ways the teachers in this article care for students? How do you see care being expressed at your internship site? What does the program do well? What could they improve on?

There is a great deal of acceptance described in this article. Acceptance only helps our communities move forward and I thought about my internship when I was reading this article. My internship accepts all types of children and all types of families and its a wonderful and inclusive place. This is an example of "keeping the kids in mind". Our world will only get better in years to come if the children in my internship witness love and acceptance on a familiar and daily basis.
In this article teachers are caring for their students by sacrificing their outside time and commitments for the betterment of the childrens learning. The classroom isn't just a day job for her it is similar to a ritual. And this is what youth work needs to become. It should be a lifestyle in which the youth benefit.
My program is all about the children! That is what is so great about Montessori. It was designed for children to have autonomy. They make their own choices and are figuring life out along the way. Something the school could improve on is maybe switching up the selection of work the students can work on. But I believe there is a certain curriculum they need to go through in order to do that. Other than that I really like it there.
In Montessori they care for the children wholeheartedly. This image is my internship in a nutshell. Especially since we have access to a coffee maker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post

Injustices

Every Sunday I am at the bar with my friend (I am over 21) and we watch football. Its a tradition and we love the season. When we talked ...