Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Injustices


Every Sunday I am at the bar with my friend (I am over 21) and we watch football. Its a tradition and we love the season. When we talked football and talk statistics people don't take us seriously. Its not just men either, women as well. I see this as an injustice because they are making pre judgments due to our gender. In my eyes its not fair that I cant have a normal conversation about football and someone being surprised each and every time. Sure there are other injustices in the world but this is far too frequent.
I always feel like I shouldn't know as much as I do. Maybe its odd to them, maybe its too "masculine" but when you're not taken seriously you think of all these things because you're filled with emotion.
This situation happened again and I realize when I speak about football I am just not taken seriously. And when I saw this happen again, I called the person sexist. And I had my serious tone on and the person shrugged it off. But I'm sure they second guessed what they had said and what they will say in the future.
73% of men watch football, 55% women watch. Football is Americas favorite past time so it shouldn't be a shock when women are interested in this sport and it should be treated as a norm. And there are plenty of women who interview the players after games. I am just waiting for the day that a women is a football referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post

Injustices

Every Sunday I am at the bar with my friend (I am over 21) and we watch football. Its a tradition and we love the season. When we talked ...