Friday, October 13, 2017

Blog Post 3


In my life I have had numerous jobs and experiences with youth. I have worked with infants all the way up to college students. I have my challenging age groups and age groups I find that I work really well with. Working with youth in general makes me happy. Connecting to the article, "Shall We Play" I am most drawn to the age groups where play can be incorporated into their daily activities. Many dont understand that experiencing and working with play at a young age develops much creativity. High Schoolers and Middle schoolers can often get bored when writing papers or working on school projects because their brains haven't been exposed to creative ways of thinking due to lack of play.

I worked at ZooCamp in Boston for two summers and we incorporated play into every learning experience. We had a book of games related to animals, nature and so much more because it keeps the children engaged and it helps with their creativity. Typically after a play experience the kids would come up with a different version of the game where they created their own. As they did this I knew that they were learning and thinking critically of what would work and what wouldnt work.

Ive also worked in preschool settings where there were no limitations on where the children can paint and how they choose to paint. This was part of the article because the toddlers would receive permission and use their creative minds to explore the arts and theories of play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post

Injustices

Every Sunday I am at the bar with my friend (I am over 21) and we watch football. Its a tradition and we love the season. When we talked ...